4.04.2005

I'm a Pro

I decided to upgrade my flickr account to Pro. They cut off your photos at 100 for free accounts, so my older ones were being hidden away. Also, I wanted to be able to create more photo sets, and I have enough fun with that site to make it worth it.

A year's account costs $45+. Which is...not cheap. But, now I have the features I was looking for and instead of a 10MB/mo bandwidth limit, I have a GB/mo.

Click through the flying Snoopy to see some fascinating shots I took while cleaning my room yesterday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

where did you get such cool stuffed animals? do you take him down at the end of the day & give him a hug & say "good flight, buddy"? what cute pictures that would produce!

i'm so bored.

Jeff said...

Ya know, I can't remember where I got him. I was either given him by a girl friend or he came with some detergent or something weird.

Bored? I feel you. (You're bumpy.)

Jen said...

Hey, how did you take that picture of the bus from Chicago? That was pretty neat. I understand, however, if you don't want to dispense secrets of the trade.

Jeff said...

Jen,

No problem. The bus was actually a tin toy bus in this display at the museum. It was kind of like a Rube Goldberg contraption with these metal balls racing around a track and through different machines.

Anyway, the bus was in motion along this track and I just followed it with my camera as I took the photo to capture the image of the bus against a blurred background. It's called panning. As you can see, it's not perfect (the bus is pretty blurry), but I couldn't try again because it was pretty crowded and annoying.

It's a fun technique to play with. You just need to be sure your shutter speed isn't set too high or you'll have trouble getting the background blurred.

Take a look at this (or any good photography book) to read more about capturing motion.