4.07.2005

Blossoms

What I do at night.Holy hell, am I bored at work. This week won't end. And all this nice weather has been wasted on staring out to the hotel across the street and a paunchy Asian man in little blue shorts eating shirtless at his window.

In an attempt wipe this image from memory and fortify whatever semblance of inner peace I have left, I headed down to the Tidal Basin yesterday after work to see the blossoms and take some photos. I thoroughly enjoyed it, despite the crowd of tourists and their unappreciative kids running around. I walked one time around as the sun set before heading home.

Click through the picture above to see a small set of photos from my walk around the basin.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Nice. Have I missed the Cherry Blossom Festival this year?

Jeff said...

Thanks. No, the festival continues through this Sunday. The blossoms are supposed to peak this weekend, as well.

Anonymous said...

jeff, these twirly ones are really, really cool.

Jeff said...

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy 'em.

Anonymous said...

dig the water ones...

Jeff said...

Thanks, Jill.