12.04.2004

2:15 On a Saturday Nite

You know what? Sobriety is way overrated. The weekend is passing by in real-time, every boring minute ticking by, and all I can think about is Monday morning and returning to a job I hate for another long work week. At least when I'm stoned I can entertain myself with little effort and planning. Fuck adulthood; it's overrated, too.

I drove out to gravely point late this afternoon. There's a park there, just north of the airport, where you can watch the airplanes land. They fly right over head. It's right next to the Potomac, so it was windy and cold today, but I've been wanting to go back to take some pictures since I first visited there in the early summer during a bike ride with Tim.

It was mostly worth it just to get out and do something. I made it there shortly before the sun started to set. I got a few decent pics but most were crap. No surprise there—I'm way out of practice. I ended up with a few grainy as hell shots and way too many pictures of the sky and crap. I got a couple of the planes and some random stuff that seemed interesting at the time. See them on page 3.

Tomorrow is a birthday dinner for my dad. Some Thai place in Shirlington. I ended up getting him two history nerd gifts, since that's the only kind of nerd you could consider this guy to be. Let's see...one is this biographical book on Shakespeare. Then there's this very exciting Winston Churchill DVD. My god, you gotta see the part where he declares war and shit. It's fucking amazing.

What else is amazing? Hmm, that this song still accurately describes what I am looking for after like fifteen years? No, that's just retarded. I love it.

note to self: stop spending money, asshole.

this week's record purchases

Can: Tago Mago (reissue/remaster)
Julian Fane: Special Forces
The Places: Call It Sleep
Apples In Stereo: Look Away + 4*
Iron & Wine: “Passing Afternoon” EP
Brian Eno: Before and After Science (reissue/remaster)*
Jesus and Mary Chain: Psychocandy (import)*
The Rosebuds/The Close: split 7"
Mogwai: Ten Rapid (2x10" reissue)

*used

No comments: