12.03.2004

Fish Eye

Pffft...and to think, I was going to start taking meds just for the sexual side effects.

I brought my camera to work this week, in the hopes of taking some video of this goofy running dude who regularly appears on the street below my office, but the bastard hasn't come around much lately. According to Rob, he was out there the other day when I came in late. Bah. I will get tape of this guy someday. You should see him; he jogs in the middle of the street in this spandex body suit and spins around in place for like 10 minutes with traffic whizzing by while shouting shit like “DC! WOOF! WOOF! DC!...”

I got a few other shots, though. There's this oddly painted truck I see around the block, for example. Maybe some other random crap I'll post in the photos section.

Speaking of photos, my dad sent me an email today asking for xmas gift ideas, and I've come up with two so far: a new coffee maker (boring!) and lenses for my digicam (expensive!). I know nothing about camera lenses, especially when it comes to judging their quality. Do you? Canon brand lenses are all sold separately and without the required adapter, so I did some research and found a good deal on what might be a big pile of crap. Who knows. There are these different combo deals. For example, one comes with wide and tele lenses (with adapter), a few filters, and small tripod. Huh. Maybe I'll just ask for a 512MB CF card instead, which would be not nearly as fun, but much simpler for Dad to pick up.

I still haven't decided if I'm going to the show tonight. I'm not a huge Blonde Redhead fan really, but I enjoyed the last album a good deal. Oh, I probably won't go since I'm a total pussy when it comes to going to shows alone.

Damn, I have to figure out a good recipe for coconut rice/sticky rice this weekend. Got a big potluck on Monday. Any suggestions? Sara, if you're reading???

That reminds me: I quit poking smot this week. I don't think it'll be permanent, but I gots to get my shit together. Too bad I hate to drink! This weekend's gonna blow.

I'll leave you with this (copped from the dorks at EM411): Repercussion

No comments: