2.09.2005

Rainbows and Puppy Dogs

Noam Chomsky Speech [DN!] - I know I said I wouldn't post political stuff, but this one's a doozy. Besides, it's the commentary that gets me a riled up. So none of that here. Just friggin' listen to it.

Rove Is Promoted To Deputy Staff Chief [W. Post] - again, no comment. But check this other Post article for more info.

Hey, everyone's favorite keytar-rockin' nu gaze band M83 is coming to DC. They'll be playing the Black Cat April 14th. Pitchfork has the full tour schedule. [Ok, I don't know if they actually use a keytar, but they're definitely NU-GAZE.]

Baby Name Wizard [via Lifehacker] - Sounds like a shitty band name or something, but it's really pretty neat. Look up your name and chart its popularity over time. (requires Java)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe I should be credited with the trademark name of "Nu-Gaze"

--dronepop

Jeff said...

DUDE. i briefly considered giving you credit. i swear. i just didn't think you'd want to claim responsiblity for such a piece of crap. ;)

But here goes: I DO HEREBY ANNOUNCE A WONDERFUL NEW ADDITION TO THE ALREADY BRILLIANT COLLECTION OF GENRE NAMES IN CURRENT USE BY DOUCHEBAGS EVERYWHERE...NU GAZE! (aka nu-gaze, new gaze, noogaze, etc.) Let's all give Tim a big round of applause for giving us such a useful and descriptive term for this exciting genre (which he seemingly pulled out of his ass while on the way to a bbq restaurant).

There. You happy now, buddy?

LadyLitBlitzin said...

Hey Jeff,

I didn't know that you were back blogging! I'm glad you are! I haven't had a chance to read all but I just saw your post on Coachella on my blog, isn't it a fantastic lineup? I commented in response on my blog... I think finances are going to be the reason I can't go, but I want to go so bad it hurts. Why isn't this HERE? Ugh.

Jeff said...

Hi LLB! Yeah, I couldn't stay away for long. It's good to be back. :) I just had to reconfigure some stuff.

Oh, I don't even wanna think about what I'm going to miss at Coachella! :(

Jen said...

Have you downloaded anything from the new Hood album (http://pitchforkmedia.com/record-reviews/h/hood/outside-closer.shtml)? I really like it. I was looking for the Prefuse 73 tracks (which I couldn't seem to find) and stumbled upon them.

Jeff said...

I have indeed. In fact, I posted a track from the new album as my "Song of the Week" a few weeks ago. It's good. I guess you never figured out downloading stuff from my site? It's something to do with ol' Netscape, I swear.

Jen said...

I'm sure you're right. I have Mozilla on my desktop; I'm just lazy about using it since all my bookmarks are on Netscape.