2.07.2005

Pernice Bros DVD

Just a quick one: If it wasn't for today's Pitchfork review of this Pernice Brothers tour DVD, Nobody's Listening/Nobody's Watching, I wouldn't have known that one of my favorite bands of 2003 had even released such a thing. Where's my head at these days? This thing has been out since December and I've neither heard nor seen anything about it. Thanks, Pitchfork! [I still like you despite what everyone else says.]

If you haven't yet heard Joe Pernice & Co's most recent album, Yours, Mine & Ours, I hiiiighly recommend it. It's one of those front-to-back pop records you'll just wear the hell out of once it's sunken in. I was lucky enough to catch them playing at the Ottobar up in Baltimore (12.20.03), so I can faithfully recommend their live show as well.

I just went on over to their official site to order myself a copy of the DVD and accidentally purchased the reissue of their 2002 tour EP as well. Whoops. Oh well, it's always nice to buy direct.

No comments: