1.22.2005

Plus Minus

+ It's awesome having a friend who works at a record store. This week's half-priced used finds: Midnight Movies: s/t, Neu!: Neu! '75 Heartworms: Space Escapade, Mazzy Star: She Hangs Brightly.

+ Pitchfork has news on two records I'm excited about: new albums from The Books and Portishead(!)

+ Having Thursday off for the inauguration was the least I should get for putting up with another four years of Dick and Bush.

+ Did I mentioned I got an iPod recently?

- Almost breaking my iPod yesterday. Newsprint is a bitch.

- Why a snowstorm on Saturday, when I could be getting days off of work? Oh, and there are no hills to sled on around here.

- Another friend moving far away.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Cool! I'm looking forward to the new Portishead also; their first was brilliant; their second average, IMO. I got a few books out of the library and a couple of CDs (The Walkmen, who sound a lot like U2 but not--the voice of the lead singer and the key the music is written in--strange). Whoever does the music ordering for the Baltimore County Public Library system does a great job of it--I've found Sleater-Kinney, Jenny Toomey, and the Beta Band, among others. I also downloaded a bunch of Jets to Brazil but only kept a few songs. Oh, and I shoveled a lot of snow (about seven inches).

Jeff said...

You didn't care for the 2nd Portishead album, eh? I like it just as much as the first. I have to admit that I was more excited about the first, though, but that's probably 'cause it was the first and I hadn't heard anything like it before.