12.06.2005

Favorites

My new favorite ice cream is...
Ben & Jerry's Half Baked Frozen Yogurt

My new favorite cartoon character is...
The grandma on Adult Swim's Squidbillies

My new favorite stand-up comic is...
Louis CK

I remember first seeing him on Dr. Katz back in the mid 90's. He did a bit about going in Wal-Mart and buying a bunch of weird, unrelated stuff just to freak people out. It was funny, but I soon forgot about him and carried on with my sad, pathetic Louie-less existence.

Flash forward to August 2005, when I was lucky enough to catch a particularly good episode of HBO's newly-resurrected One Night Stand featuring, yes--you guessed it, the comedy stylings of Mr. Louis CK. And it was good. It was so good, it was more like fucking excellent. In fact, I actually el-oh-eled quite a few times, despite watching it alone. I'd even go as far as to say it's a damn near perfect half hour of comedy. If you have the means I highly suggest you Tivo that shit or something. Here's an audio clip (NSFW):

+ Louis CK: HBO One Night Stand clip [MP3]

He's got an album called Live In Houston for sale on his site, too. It's not quite as tight as the HBO special, but it's definitely worth checking out. Some klips (mostly NSFW):

+ Louis CK: Diner Ordering [MP3]
+ Louis CK: Diet [MP3]
+ Louis CK: Itchy Asshole [MP3]

So apparently the guy's been busy since that Dr. Katz episode. In addition to the stand-up, he's written for Conan, Letterman, and the Chris Rock show, among other things. And now he's taping his own sitcom for HBO. It's called Lucky Louie and will premiere sometime in 2006. You can read all about it in a hefty article from a recent issue of the Boston Globe Magazine here.

Despite his busy schedule, Louie was kind enough to grace the boards at A Special Thing, a site that started as a Tenacious D fan site but has become a haven for comedy nerds everywhere. Actual, life-sized comics like Brian Posehn and Scott Aukerman (Mr. Show), Andy Kindler, and Patton Oswalt sometimes stop in for a chat. Louis CK recently started a “Question and Insult” thread there by promising “anyone can ask me any question and I will provide an answer that is deeply insulting to the person who asks the question.”

Here's what BrickSprickly (aka me) had to say to Louis and the insult offered in return:

BrickSprickly wrote:

Louis:

I know you're busy with your fancy new show, but do you think you'll do a stand-up show in Seattle in the near future? Will you tour after your show doesn't get picked up or what?

PS: I hope your show does get picked up. I'm gay for you.

It will be very hard for me to hit the road for a while. Once the show hits the air, however (in june) I'll probably to go on the road and make some cash. I miss standup and being on the road a lot. And I love working in Seattle.
And you're not gay for me. You're gay for the trillions, literally trillions of cocks that have been in your ass. Do you realize what that means? Trillions of cocks. There have never been trillions of people alive ever. That means that, on top of the billions of cocks that have been up your ass, meaning the cock of every man that is and ever was, there have been billions, trillions more up there, cocks that must just exist on their own without people attached to them, that were conjured by your wizard friend, just so they could go up yoru ass and die.

LCK

http://www.louisck.com

ps. you are not good.


If that's not awesome, I don't know what is. Oh, and by “I'm gay for you” I meant “I really enjoy your work.”

So there you have it, folks--my new favorite ice cream. [Sorry, David Cross. You've been crossed out, my man. Yeah, I'm still a little gay for you too, but you have to understand that things change.]

No comments: