3.14.2005

Ministry of Information

I had an excellent birthday-related dinner yesterday, thanks to my brother and sister-in-law. Brian made us five courses, if you include dessert. It was insane. We ate from about 7:30 until 11, all told. I took many pictures and will post some of the best ones this week on flickr.

Oh, but it's back to the real world today (where I eat cereal for dinner). Today's highlight will certainly be a trip to the dentist after not going for oh...ten years. Yikes. And then there's all this:

Democracy Now! has a few items today on the sorry state of the propaganda-infested, corporate-run media in this country. The most 1984 of them — State Propaganda: How Government Agencies Produce Hundreds of Pre-Packaged TV Segments the Media Runs as News

Global Warming is a lie. Or not:
The peak of Mt Kilimanjaro as it has not been seen for 11,000 years
[Guardian]

Filesharing 4ever:
BitTorrent May Prove Too Good to Quash [W. Post]

X-Ray Specs?
How to Spot a Terrorist [Wired]

1 comment:

LadyLitBlitzin said...

More birthday! Wow!!!

Good luck with the dentist. I hate and despise the dentist. I always get yelled at for something and I go twice a year. Maybe they'll be easy on you because they know you're a flight risk. ;)